Use Guidelines (Beaver Brook Valley Preserve)
We hope that you enjoy exploring the trails through the beautiful forests and wetland areas found on BCTrust properties. To protect these special places, please observe the following use guidelines. Every visitor plays a part in caring for this land. We are grateful for the support of our community.
To learn more about ways that you can minimize your impact on the environment when visiting any outdoor area, please refer to “The Seven Principles of Leave No Trace” developed by the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics www.lnt.org.
- Stay on marked trails to prevent erosion and damage to plants.
- Avoid activities that may damage trails during muddy conditions, such as mountain biking and horseback riding.
- Carry out what you carry in.
- Bag and remove all dog waste.
- Observe wildlife from a distance.
- Cross-country skiing
- Dog walking with dogs under owner’s control.
- Horseback riding1
- Mountain biking1
- Motorized vehicles
- Camping or any other use from dusk to dawn
- Alcohol consumption
- Litter of any kind, including disposal of yard waste
- Cutting, damaging, or removing plants
- Damaging or removing rocks and stone structures
- Metal detecting
- Damaging or collecting artifacts
1 This is due to a deed restriction by The Nature Conservancy.