The Boxborough Conservation Trust (BCTrust) is a private, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1997 to preserve and protect Boxborough’s rural character and natural resources. As an all-volunteer land trust, members are the primary source of funding and volunteer time.
To achieve the BCTrust mission of land preservation, public education, and stewardship, the BCTrust:
- Assists local landowners to identify land preservation options
- Explores opportunities to acquire or to preserve undeveloped land for habitat, water resources, recreation, agriculture, and other significant features
- Collaborates with the Town boards and commissions
- Acquires land and conservation restrictions
- Sponsors educational hikes and programs about nature and natural resources
- Engages the students at Blanchard Memorial Elementary School in annual writing and art design activities
- Publishes a newsletter, Common Ground
- Contributes funds and volunteer labor for the maintenance of trails and restoration of habitat on the BCTrustproperties and Town-owned conservation land
The BCTrust Annual Meeting of Members is held in the Spring of each year, and is open to the public. Please visit the BCTrust Home Page and our Facebook page for announcements about upcoming events.
Contributions to the BCTrust are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Our Tax id number is 043-399935. A copy of the Massachusetts Department of Revenue Form ST-2 Certificate of Exemption is available here.
For more information about the BCTrust, please read the Frequently Asked Questions and BCTrust Bylaws.