The Boxborough Conservation Trust (BCTrust) is a private, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1997 to preserve and protect Boxborough’s rural character and natural resources. As an all-volunteer land trust, members are the primary source of funding and volunteer time.
To achieve the BCTrust mission of land preservation, public education, and stewardship, the BCTrust:
- Assists local landowners to identify land preservation options
- Explores opportunities to acquire or to preserve undeveloped land for habitat, water resources, recreation, agriculture, and other significant features
- Collaborates with the Town boards and commissions
- Acquires land and conservation restrictions
- Sponsors educational hikes and programs about nature and natural resources
- Engages the students at Blanchard Memorial Elementary School in annual writing and art design activities
- Publishes a newsletter, Common Ground
- Contributes funds and volunteer labor for the maintenance of trails and restoration of habitat on the BCTrustproperties and Town-owned conservation land
Contributions to the BCTrust are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. A copy of the Massachusetts Department of Revenue Form ST-2 Certificate of Exemption is available here.